Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Elites think they're ALL THAT... Oh, wait a minute.

Hello, all you fellow bloggers! From the title of the blog, you can already tell what I am going to be talking about. The Elites and how they affect the popular culture.
Well, first, before we get to the fun stuff, let me give you a bit of background knowledge on the elites and who they really are. They're extremely rich and looked up to. But they're a part of the minority. And this is when you ask, "But why, oh great Denitsa, are they capable of influencing the majority, the Popular Culture, when they are just a small group of people? Why do we care?" Hmm, what a great question indeed!
The reason why we care is because of the media and other institutions we follow. You see, this 'small group of people' has the money and power to control the media and basically what is "in" and what is "out".
The popular culture follow the music, the fashion, and the art of the elite because that is what is popular.
So, yes, we as the majority (because let's face it, most of us aren't filthy rich), look up to this High Culture and follow the common trends made by them.
That may sound offensive since I know most people say that their styles are original and they listen to original music that isn't mainstream, then you're all just freakin hipsters. And hipsters right now are "in". So congrats on being mainstream.
Comment! ;D (yes, I just had to add that hipsters comment at the end...can you blame me?)

5 comments:

  1. Lol I like your title.
    And yes... I can blame you for the hipster comment. You are entirely accountable. (but yeah... I agree with what you said in your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picture (excluding the fact that it is Lady Gaga). Great blog, I can see you were having a lot of fun writing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do blame you. "oh great denitsa"... your delusional. but yea, I like your title... which summed up your thing basically... lol.

    ReplyDelete