Saturday, March 3, 2012

Symbolic Interactionism!

Hello all you fellow bloggers! I'm not too fond of this blog topic this week mostly because of this theory. Just to give my opinion on it, I don't particularly like symbolic Interactionism. It was just the worst to understand at first... I mean just look at its definition: " a sociological theory that places emphasis on micro-scale social interaction to provide subjective meaning in human behavior, the social process and pragmatism." Thanks a lot for putting in simple terms, Wikipedia. -_-
Anyway, it basically means the symbols people use to interact with each other. Some symbols are words, rules, roles, etc.
There is a debate going about whether symbolic interactionism is a social science or of it pertains to psychology. I believe it Is a part of sociology because sociology discusses relationships within society and why people act the way that they do. Symbolic interactionism fits that because It discusses the interactions of individuals through these symbols and the way they act towards others.
Other opinions? Tell me what YOU think in the comment section below please!
THANKS! :)

3 comments:

  1. Lml @Wikipedia XD..and you summed it up well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right. Wikipedia is not making this easy on us.
    I agree with your opinion... I think everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I looked at google for the definition. Wikipedia was too complicated.

    ReplyDelete